We're doing our first advent calender this year. I shared a tutorial for our leaf advent calender yesterday.
Each day of the month corresponds to a fun nature play or eco craft activity.
The days in bold fall on the weekend and may take a few hours. Otherwise most activities will be quick and easy, as on most days we'll be squeezing the activity into our green hour (the hour between preschool pick-up and dinner preparation).
Here's our list. Feel free to join in our eco countdown to christmas.
1. Go for a walk and see how many signs of animal life we can find.
2. Build a robot out of rubbish.
6. Make a pair of binoculars out of toilet rolls and go for a walk to spot wildlife.
7. Paint a picture using flowers and leaves instead of paint brushes.
10. Go for a walk, collect some sticks, build a twig tower and bring home a few sticks (for days 11-18)
13. Make a nature mobile.
15. Make a magic princess wand from a stick and recycled felted wool.
16. Make a branch vase
17. Do some land art: make a leaf tree
19. Go beachcombing and collect a few shells and other finds (for days 20-21)
22. Play the magazine alphabet game.
23. Nature sorting.
24. Go for a walk and see how many different types of fruit we can find.
Wish me luck :-)